Monday, July 11, 2016

Vacation Overload!

Let's see here. I can lie, be honest but still keep some things in or I can be brutally honest. Which is me?

Yep- Brutally honest.

I have eaten everything in sight.

If it was there- I ate it. I didn't stick to my plan really at all. I'm sure I've gained weight, if not all of it back. My body holds on to calories like a dog with a bone. It ain't lettin go! And I have felt like crap every night!

Let me start by saying I did have fun. Every day I enjoyed myself with my family. We walked and hiked and ate and saw the sights and shopped and hiked and walked and walked. And then walked some more. Which you would think that walking and average of12 miles a day would help cut the calories from sticking. I doubt it. Maybe for some but not for this ol bod. I look at food and I gain weight.

So, what am I going to do now that vacation is over in T-minus 24 hours? Start fresh in the morning! I'm not going to weigh myself when I get home. I don't want to know. I will weigh in with my doctor at the end of the week. I'm not going to think about all the nummy food I ate and think badly of myself. I'm going to move on. Start over fresh.

Normally I would be kicking myself by now. Hating myself for letting myself eat the things I've eaten. For overdoing it. I would be looking in the mirror at night in agony. Wondering when I was going to stop. When I was going to have the will power to loose weight again. Flopping my fat around pinching, here and there. Looking at my big ol' butt in the mirror and think- wow! That's a big butt!

But this time I'm not- I'm not going to let those thoughts into my mind when I look into the mirror. I know that I had fun. I ate and enjoyed my sweets and goodies and I also ate things that were good for me. I am on a journey-not a perfect one but a normal ups and downs kinda journey. Real life.

Tomorrow I will start the morning with a protein shake and we will do our last leg of our vacation. We are in Reno for the night again trying to break up the long drive between Salt Lake City and home.

When we get home we will be going grocery shopping for the week and getting everything we need to juice for a few days to get rid of all these horrible foods we all have been eating. As well as normal everyday food we are used too. The little won't know what to do....no sweets? Ha! Poor thing will be going through junk food withdraws with us! She normally eats super healthy so this week has been strange for her too. She's been in heaven though! A cookie, chocolate covered strawberry and an ice cream cone in the same day? Dang! My mom is the coolest!

No more though. No vacations planed for the next few months so healthy eating will be had by all, with no interruptions! I even have a gym date this week with my swole sister!

I also have to say that I really miss home. I miss normal food that I have to cook, driving to the gym and getting to swim. I miss being able to grab a cold protein shake from the fridge or cut up some fruit when I want. I miss my normal day to day eating and activities.

When you go from eating super healthy to super crappy you crave the good! And oh man does my body hate all this junk! By the end of the night I normally have a headache or a tummy ache. My body is trying to tell me to knock it off every day so far but I have been ignoring it until now. I can't wait to have a veggie patty with some fresh avocado and hopefully a home grown tomato tomorrow for dinner!! Yummmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment