Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Vacation time!

Vacations.
"Holiday", as my little would call it.

What do we do when we are around nothing but crazy good food? What if you're on a mission to loose weight but there is a beautiful slice of strawberry cheesecake looking at you saying "Eat me!". Well, in my case, I eat it. Maybe not all of it but I enjoy some of it.

Yesterday was the first day of our vacation.  We made our first stop in Reno, Nevada at a hotel that connects to other hotels. Lots of food and drinks all around me!

The trip to the hotel I did pretty well in my food choices. I did have some chocolate covered cranberries and some of those little round crackers with that horribly good fake cheese. But other then that I ate some grapes had a protein shake and a couple bottles of water.

Once we got to the hotel we walked around and decided to have buffet which of course was the hubby's first choice! It was great! I had little bits of different pastas with a salad, some fruit and of course I tried a bunch of those little deserts they have.  The little and I shared most of them and neither of us ate a whole one. It was perfect. I felt like I was having everything I wanted when I wasn't really eating a lot.

Later into the evening we decide to have more dessert...Gelato. so good! That was over doing it but, hey! I'm on vacation!! Haha!

Today we are heading to Las Vegas for a few days and we plan on eating at the buffets there too. I'll split up my good meals and "bad" meals. I'll try and eat as good as I can without going overboard but I do know I will be enjoying myself too. I have worked hard to get these first 10 pounds off and I don't want to gain any of it back.

Before we left home I made sure and went shopping for food that we could bring along and eat easily enough while driving. I cut up strawberries and packed blueberries, grapes and pineapple. I bought little packs of cheese with nuts and also brought some cheese sticks and lunch meat. These are our travel snacks and late night snacks if we need them. It helps in the calorie department and woth saving money. No sense in buying cut fruit at every gas station from home to Vegas at 3 times the price!

We will be doing lots and lots of walking and even a bit of hiking so we will work off some of the bad but remember you can't out work a bad diet. Sucks. But we can't.

I'll try and post a whole post of our vacation after we get back home. Pictures and all. Should be an amazing time visiting 3 different states. We have planned this trip for a few months now and I can't believe it's acatully happening! So much fun!!

Here's to being happy along this crazy  journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment