Tuesday, June 7, 2016

I'm a "sorta" vegan.

Today I have a visit with a new doctor. Hopefully she can figure out why I have so much trouble loosing weight now. I know I have some horrible food days but normally I do pretty well. I know that a few bad days couldn't possibly be making it this impossible to loose weight.

I say I'm a "sorta vegan" because I cut out meat and dairy from my diet about 3 months ago. (And sorry, it has nothing to do with saving animals....I love me my Michael Kors leather purses.) Also, some days I'll have some dairy but it's super limited. Not like I used to have. Now I'll have a little half and half in my coffee, a slice of cheese on a sandwich and maybe a yogurt. But that's about all.

As far As meat though, I've had it maybe 3 or 4 times since quitting in April. Meat I can live without. Its not something I really ever crave. Never really have. Sometimes a big fat greasy cheese burger with a pound of bacon on it sounds amazing but the desire quickly fades for some reason.

I know you want to ask....everyone does...Where do you get your protein from? I get it from a lot of things. Beans, protein shakes and bars, chia seeds, even some veggies have a small amount of protein in them like spinach. I get enough trust me.

My daily food intake looks something like this....

Breakfast...
Orgain Organic Protein powder with unsweetened almond milk and a few frozen strawberries. On days off I normally eat Cheerios with the same unsweetened almond milk.

Lunch...
Normally I have leftovers from dinner. So, that could be stir fry veggies over rice, a veggie burger on sourdough bread or some spaghetti sauce over veggie noodles. If I order at the coffee shop next door I've been getting a veggie sandwich on an asiago bagel with a slice of cheese. Sometimes I'll just have some cheerios or a peanut butter and sugar free jelly sandwich.

Dinner....
Lately I've been on a huge veggie and rice kick. I make some sticky rice and throw a bunch of sauteed veggies over it. Broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms, onion, garlic, sweet peppers and anything else I have around. Or I make us some veggie burgers that I either make from scratch or that I buy from Costco.

Snacks...
Yogurt, chia pudding, strawberries, banana, or anything else I can grab easily. I actually don't snack often.

Did you know Oreos are vegan? Yea. I do.

On bad days I binge eat things. Its something I have been trying to overcome for years. If I buy it and bring it in the house (which I'm normally really good about not doing) I want to eat it all. Ice cream, cookies, or candy. Its honestly never in the house long. My hunny loves to bring stuff like that home once in awhile and I try my hardest to stay away from it but if I give in to it then I want it all. Now. I asked him awhile back to stop bringing it home and so far so good. Its been weeks since we had a bag of Oreos in the house and I really haven't binged on anything in awhile. Oh wait! At my friends little girls birthday party this weekend I ate about 42 rice crispy treats (totally exaggerating here but I know I had way too many!)

So, so far today I've had a bowl of Cheerios with almond milk and a large decaf Carmalizer made with Coconut milk from Dutch. At my normal coffee shop next to my salon I get an Americano, decaf with half and half and some honey. Exciting I know.

We just left the gym after lifting for almost and hour. I didn't get to swim which broke my heart but the pools were both full of classes. This was me yesterday....in heaven...

Now I'll have a protein shake to get me through until after a photo shoot I'm going to do and the doctor appointment I have.

Hopefully she will help and not just say "that's your lot in life unless you want to eat nothing and workout 6 hours a day".  I want to get My thyroid decked out again (I'm super exhausted again and my hair is falling out again) and get my hormones checked out. The last time I asked my other doctor to check my hormones out for me like estrogen, progesterone and testosterone and she said we already know they are messed up because of your thyriod and ignored my request.
Ugh...

Hopefully this gal is better!

Let's hope!



No comments:

Post a Comment