Monday, June 27, 2016

Mexican Food

So there I was, sitting in my favorite kind of restaurant in the world- Mexican food. In a town that has amazing Mexican food! Oh my goodness! Chips and salsa. How I LOVE chips and salsa.

I did it....I said no. Even to the second dish of warm freshly made, perfectly salted slices of heaven that was placed on our table- I said no. Thank God for will power!! I had to use every last ounce I possibly had in my whole body but I said no.

I want them still. I can smell them. Oh man! But I have a mission. I have goals. And eating said freshly made, perfectly salted slices of heaven would add a ton of salt into my body. Bloating it all up. Making the scale go crazy high in just a day. I couldn't drink enough water to try and combat that bloat.

I still want them. I can say no though! Who says no to chips and salsa? Me! Wow. I guess my trip to getting healthy is on the right path.

For lunch I ordered the chicken fajitas. I skipped the tortillas which again almost killed me but I did it. I had the rice, refried beans and mixed veggies with chicken. I even ate the guacamole and most of the sour cream scoops. I enjoyed every bite.  I'm not feeling guilty because I didn't go over board. I didn't eat everything in sight. I daid no to chips ans salsa for goodness sake!

So if you don't think you can skip the amazing food in front of you, know you can! If I skipped fresh chips and fresh tortillas at an amazing authentic Mexican restaurant you can skip that amazing- bad for you food- too!

Chips. Mmmm chips. I want chips.

I may be dreaming of chips and salsa tonight.....

No comments:

Post a Comment