Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Waste of time and money!


Well, the new doctor was a huge let down. She did nothing. And by nothing I mean she did NOTHING. She told me I had labs that should have been drawn a couple months ago (which I already did) and that I needed to get them done and see her in a week or so.

No thanks.

I did have my thyroid labs done (she wouldn't take any other labs when I asked) so I can get a copy of them to take to another doctor. 

I have known of a doctor that I had almost tried a year or so back but was worried because I didn't want him selling me all sorts of crazy diet stuff. He specializes in weight loss so maybe he can actually figure out what the heck is wrong with me. I have had a few friends go to him and had great results so I'm hoping he will work with me. I also know he has given hormone tests to one of my friends and she found out they were all outta whack!

What a nice concept...a doctor actually taking tests to see what's wrong. Instead of telling you you're fine and to go workout and eat a carrot. And this from a doctor who has had stomach bypass surgery. Not to say that this isn't something some people need but isn't it kind of hypocritical to have an obese doctor telling you that you need to workout 6 hours a day while she just went and had surgery to loose her weight to gain a bunch of weight back? Ugh.

I digress.

This journey isn't about what my doctor will and won't do. Its about me getting healthy. And if the doctors on the hill won't help, I'll figure out a better way. I know good food is a start and I'm doing ok there. Getting some help from the weight loss doctor will for sure help! Sticking to the gym and working out is also going to help. 

Here's to getting it done myself!

Whoever that girl is....knows what's up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment